Oven Fried Chicken & Gravy
- ¾ cup butter divided
- 1-1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 3 large breasts, halved
- 10 oz box Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk
- 2-2 ½ cups milk
- Place ½ cup of the butter on a 15”x10” sheet pan and place in an oven preheating to 425°F (Don’t let it burn).
- Pour seasoned flour in 1 shallow bowl and buttermilk in another shallow bowl. (Remove and set aside ¼ cup of the seasoned flour for the gravy).
- Lightly coat each cutlet in the flour and set aside. Once all are coated, working with one at a time, submerge the cutlet into the buttermilk then coat and press into the flour. Lightly shake off any excess.
- Place the coated cutlets on the sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes. While that bakes, prepare the gravy.
- Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet. Whisk flour into grease and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup milk to the mixture and whisk quickly. This initial mixture will thicken and cook quickly. Once well combined, add an additional cup of milk and stir until well combined. Allow mixture to come to a light simmer then turn heat to medium-low. As mixture thickens, add remaining ½ cup milk and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Using a metal flat turner, flip the chicken and return to the oven. Cook 3-5 minute then broil on high 3-5 minutes more until toasted with an internal temperature of 165°F.