Table of Contents
Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- 4 cups cubed russet potatoes peeled, washed and cut
- 2 oz ⅓ less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (or more)
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- Add potatoes and 2 cups of water to a large saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-high heat and cook covered at a rolling simmer 15-20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, heavy whipping cream, and salt. Rest 2 minutes, then mix with a hand mixer, starting with low speed and building the speed to high as the ingredients start to blend. Mix just until the potatoes are smooth and ingredients cohesive.
- Taste to determine if you need to add more salt or cream. If you’d rather have a lumpier texture or don’t have a hand mixer, you can also mash with a masher or ricer tool. If desired, you can top with additional butter.