Welcome! I’m Laura Ashley and this is Dinner in 321...a place for food inspiration and nutrition education!
- Location- Currently a Texan but born and bred in Eastern Kentucky.
- Credentials- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist; Certificate of Training in Obesity in Pediatrics and/or Adults
- Education- B.S. Dietetics, Eastern Kentucky University; University of Kentucky and Veterans Affairs Medical Center Dietetics Internship Program
- Favorite Foods- Homemade popcorn, pizza, chocolate truffles, and fried chicken.
- Favorite Places to Travel- My old Kentucky home, wherever the Airstream takes our family, and New York City!
- Hobbies- Cooking...of course! I love trying new restaurants, watching Kentucky Wildcat basketball, and traveling.
- Family- My husband Mark, kids Megan and Gage, and Butter the dog.
I grew up in Ravenna, Kentucky, a small town in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. A self-proclaimed foodie, I love cooking and eating everything from the classics to challenging new recipes.
I knew I wanted to make nutrition and food my practice from my early days in high school. Navigating through the challenging years of adolescence, I went through a period when eating wasn't fun. It was stressful and controlled my life. Being "healthy" went to an extreme, to a point of excessive weight loss, malnourishment, and a great deal of unhappiness. In my pursuit of becoming a dietitian at EKU, it was the education I received to help others that actually helped myself. I conquered orthorexia and am now 14 years happier, healthier, and eager to spread the message that eating can be rewarding, uncomplicated, and most importantly, delicious!
Taught by some of the best, cooking and entertaining has always been my favorite hobby. Food is my love language! The conception of Dinner in 321 came from my family talks that sharing our dinners would help others learn new skills, tasty recipes, and make cooking fun!
Thanks for joining me on this delicious journey with Dinner in 321!