Feels Like Home Chicken and Gravy
Boy oh boy is this dish delightful! It has the coziest flavors and the flare of a fancy meal but easy for a busy weeknight.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1.67 oz packet chicken gravy mix
- 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-2 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 oz ⅓-less fat cream cheese cubed
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 12 oz herb seasoned stuffing
- To a Crockpot, combine water, gravy mix, chicken soup, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Once combined, add the chicken, coat well with the sauce, cover, and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7.
- Remove the chicken and shred into large pieces. Add the cream cheese cubes to the Crockpot, allow to cook on high 2-3 minutes, then whisk until blended well. Gently fold the chicken back into the gravy.
- Serve the chicken over stuffing, mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, or mashed cauliflower with a ladle of gravy on top.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add chopped onion and mushrooms, and cook until tender and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken broth and water, and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat, and gently fold in the stuffing mix until all the liquid is absorbed. Rest 3 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 18g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
I made the smothered pork chops with mushroom gravy sauce which was awesome and last week I made the crockpot stuffing meatloaf and no complaints awesome recipes. I already looking for next weeks meal
This makes my heart so happy to hear, Kevin!! Thank you SO much! I’m so happy you’re making my recipes and liking them too. Thank you for your kind comment! I hope you love many more!