Table of Contents
Feels Like Home Chicken and Gravy
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1.67 oz packet chicken gravy mix
- 10.5 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-2 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 8 oz ⅓-less fat cream cheese cubed
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 12 oz herb seasoned stuffing
- To a Crockpot, combine water, gravy mix, chicken soup, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Once combined, add the chicken, coat well with the sauce, cover, and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-7.
- Remove the chicken and shred into large pieces. Add the cream cheese cubes to the Crockpot, allow to cook on high 2-3 minutes, then whisk until blended well. Gently fold the chicken back into the gravy.
- Serve the chicken over stuffing, mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, or mashed cauliflower with a ladle of gravy on top.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add chopped onion and mushrooms, and cook until tender and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add chicken broth and water, and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat, and gently fold in the stuffing mix until all the liquid is absorbed. Rest 3 minutes, then fluff with a fork.