Why do restaurant salads just taste different than at home? They always find the perfect blend flavors and textures with veggies, protein and delicious house-made dressings.
It was my mission to recreate a restaurant worthy salad at home, and this one was a huge success! What makes this salad out-of-this-world delicious is the grated egg and cheese tossed with the perfect amount of veggies and dressing!
What You’ll Need
- Cheddar Cheese
- Red Onion
- Ranch Dressing
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make this Recipe
- You’ll need to start with a large bowl big enough to toss the salad.
- Grated boiled eggs and cheese is the secret weapon to this salad! The texture along with the lettuce, veggies and crushed croutons is incredible.
- Once the salad components are added to the bowl, pour about ¼-1/3 cup of dressing on top. Toss with tongs until everything is blended well. Add more dressing if you’d like.
- Pour in a serving bowl and serve as meal starter or side dish.
Tips and Substitutions
- Add or omit veggies selections as desired.
- Homemade or high-quality store-bought dressing yields a more delicious salad blend.
- The dressing can be served on the side, but the blend of it tossed with the dressing sets this salad apart from others.
More Recipes Like This
Loaded Restaurant Salad
Side salads and entrée salads at a restaurant are always top notch! It was my mission to replicate one at home…and this one was a success!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 10 cups lettuce chopped romaine and spring mix
- 3 boiled eggs grated
- 4 oz cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- ¾ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup crushed croutons
- Ranch Dressing amount as desired
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, egg, cheese, bacon, cherry tomatoes, cucumber red onion and croutons. Pour desired amount of dressing on top. Toss until incorporated well.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply