This amazing recipe has just a few simple ingredients and is quick to make! It's some of the most tender, juicy and flavorful chicken you've ever had!
No boring or bland dish here! The combination of the seasonings, mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt and parmesan is a beautiful thing! You're going to want to sop up every last bite of this amazing saucey chicken! Bonus...who doesn't like a meal that takes less than 10 minutes to prep?
The chicken absorbs the flavors of the mixture spread on top and becomes incredibly tender. The end-product is also versatile in how it can be served. On rice, pasta, in a wrap or as a salad-topper, it's yummy in every way! It's a perfect meal any day of the week and great for entertaining.
What You'll Need
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Thighs or Tenders
- Light or Regular Mayonnaise
- Light or Regular Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Seasoning Salt or Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Tools You'll Need
- 13"x9" Baking Dish
How to Make this Recipe
- First, prepare the chicken. If you have large chicken breasts, you'll need to halve them horizontally. If using thighs, they will likely be small enough. Distribute the chicken evenly in a baking dish. You can season the chicken with salt or seasoning salt on both sides if you'd like.
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, parmesan cheese and the spices.
- Spread the sauce mixture evenly in one layer on top of the chicken.
- Bake at 375ºF for 35-40 minutes. Broil 1-2 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, check to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF.
Tips and Substitutions
- Any boneless, skinless chicken cut works in this dish. As noted above, if you're using larger chicken breasts, they will need to be halved for optimal cooking. Most chicken thighs will be sized appropriately. Chicken tenders can also be used in this recipe. It's most important that they chicken pieces are equal in size to cook evenly. Chicken tenders will likely be cooked through around 30-35 minutes.
- If you want to sear the chicken first, that's perfectly fine! Just decrease the bake time to 25-30 minutes.
- There are LOTS of ways to serve this delicious chicken!
- Over Egg Noodles
- Over White, Brown or Veggie Rice
- Over Mashed Potatoes
- Between Toasted Garlic Bread
- In a Wrap
- On Top of a Salad
- What to serve with Melt In Your Mouth Chicken besides the accompaniments listed above:
- Crispy Green Beans
- Fresh Garden Salad
- Steamed Sugar Snap Peas
- Glazed Carrots
- Loaded Sweet Potato
- Steamed Broccoli
- You can prep this dinner in advance. Just assemble, cover and refrigerate. When you're ready to bake it, either set it out at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking or add 3-5 minutes to the bake time. Of course, just check the internal temperature to ensure doneness.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Dishes with dairy based ingredients like these don't freeze and thaw well due to separation of the ingredients.
More Recipes Like This
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken and Gravy
- Next Level French Onion Chicken
- Cheddar Broccoli Chicken and Rice
- Queso Chicken and Rice
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
- 2-2 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well until smooth.
- Halve or Flatten chicken to a ½-inch thickness. Place in a 13"x9" baking dish. Spread the topping on the chicken in an even layer.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, then broil on high 1-2 minutes. Ensure an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
My 17-yo daughter wanted to make this.... OMG, sooooo good. leftovers were just as good. thank you for sharing.
You're very welcome and thank you for telling me too! That is FANTASTIC!! I'm so excited she made it and it was such a hit!
This is so easy and delicious! We had it over egg noodles with salad!!
That’s awesome!! I’m so happy you made it and liked it so much!