This easy club salad recipe is a delicious twist on the favorite club sandwich. Loaded with flavor, protein, and fresh veggies, it will be quick to become a favorite!
My eyes always gravitate to a classic club on a sandwich menu. In fact, the “Clubbie,” a retired sandwich from Potbelly Sandwich Shop, is an obsession of mine. (*Secret: They’ll still make it for you if you ask.) While I was having my weekly Clubbie yesterday, I had the thought of making it into a salad! WHAM…yummy overload!
This club salad is LOADED with protein with fresh deli ham and turkey, eggs, bacon, and cheese. It’s also full of veggie bulk, leaving you satisfied and excited to have your next salad. It’s customizable, so feel free to get creative with it!
This easy Club Salad is excellent to make as 1 big salad in a bowl or on a beautiful platter for dinner or for entertaining. It’s also an excellent idea for weekly meal prep! This recipe will make 4 individual salads.
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Romaine Lettuce
- Boiled Eggs
- Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Deli Turkey
- Deli Ham
- Purple Cabbage
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make Club Salad
- Chopping and shredding are the key elements of club salad! Prep all of your ingredients first.
- If plating in a serving bowl or on a platter, start by adding an even layer of lettuce to the bottom. Excluding the dressing and croutons, line all the toppings in rows on top.
- When ready to serve, add croutons and desired amount of dressing, and toss until combined.
Tips and Substitutions
- You can get creative with this Club Salad! Other additions or substitutions to this salad are (and are not limited to):
- Chicken: grilled, baked, crispy, or rotisserie
- Avocado: adds delicious flavor, color, and heart-healthy fats
- Other Veggies: sugar snap peas, blanched green beans, blanched asparagus), bell peppers
- Toasted Nuts
- While Ranch is my favorite on this salad, many dressings are delicious on it:
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Italian Vinaigrette
- Honey Mustard
- Spicy Ranch
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Don’t add the croutons or dressing until ready to serve.
More Recipes Like This
- Loaded Restaurant Salad
- Chopped Salad
- Lexingtonian House Salad
- Berrylicious Salad
- Autumn Harvest Chicken Salad
- Crispy Chicken Citrus Salad
- Summer Salmon Citrus Salad
- Mason Jar Mediterranean Salad
- 2-3 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs shredded
- 4 oz shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ⅓ cup cooked and crumbed bacon
- 4 oz diced deli turkey breast
- 4 oz diced deli ham
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- Salad Dressing of Choice
- Add lettuce to a large serving bowl. Add each topping on top of the lettuce in a defined line. When ready to serve, toss with or serve on the side dressing and croutons.