Table of Contents
Summer Salmon Citrus Salad
- 2 4-6oz salmon filets or shrimp
- Salt/Black Pepper or Seasoned Salt
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon snipped cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ avocado diced
- 1 fresh corn cob cut off the cob
- 6-8 cups spring mix or arugula
- Garnish: almonds
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add olive oil and sear salmon filets 3-4 minutes skin-side, flip and cook top 3-4 minutes, then cook skin-side again until salmon easily flakes or reaches an internal temp of 145°F (about 2-3 more minutes).
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients until well emulsified.
- For the salad, in 1 bowl, toss together tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and corn with half of the dressing.
- In another bowl, toss the lettuce with the remaining dressing.
- Plate the salad in this order: lettuce mixture, toppings mixture, cooked salmon filet and almonds.