Hamburger Steaks With Brown Gravy
This amazing meal is the definition of comfort food!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2-2 ½ lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, seasonings, bell pepper, onion, cracker crumbs and the egg. Mix until fully incorporated, then pat out into 8 even patties (½-3/4 inch thick).
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add oil. Once hot, add the patties 3-4 at a time (working in batches if needed). Fry 5 minutes on both sides, then remove to a cooking rack.
- To the same skillet, whisk in water, scraping up any solid bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the brown gravy packets and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- When the gravy begins to thicken, return the hamburger steaks and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply