Table of Contents
Garlic Chicken Alfredo
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½-2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1-2 teaspoon ground white pepper divided
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 10-12 oz uncooked no-boil pasta or egg noodles
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add butter. Season chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder and 1 teaspoon each salt and white pepper. Sear chicken breasts 4-6 minutes per side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a plate and lower the heat to medium.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, scrape up any solid bits from the pan, and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Whisk together cornstarch and heavy cream, then stir into the pasta. Add ¼ cup parmesan cheese, and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Plate pasta, top with sliced chicken and garnish with additional parmesan cheese.