Table of Contents
French Dip Sandwiches
- 32 oz beef broth
- 12 oz extra stout Guinness beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 hoagie or sub rolls
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a large Crockpot, whisk together broth, beer, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, soup mix, and salt. Place beef in the mixture, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- If making a vegetable topping, heat oil in a medium pan on medium-high heat. Sauté prepared vegetables until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the broth, discard visible fat, and shred beef. Return to the crockpot.
- Butter bread, and broil on high 15- 30 seconds. Add cheese to bread tops and broil again 15-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Assemble sandwiches with beef and vegetables, and ladle broth in a dipping bowl.