Crisp, fresh and full of flavor, this delicious Cucumber Caviar goes well with savory and sweet dishes or by itself with a spoon!
This quick recipe adds a pop of color and burst of flavor to so many foods! Loaded with cucumber and seasonal fruits, cucumber caviar is full of healthy nutrients and delicious flavor. Just one spoonful makes you want to explore the possibilities of how to use it.
I’ve seen a lot of fruit-based mixtures over the years and they’re almost always just served with chips. While that is a really yummy way, I encourage you to try this on salads, mixed in yogurt or oats or even spooned over your favorite grilled meat. It adds a level of flavor and freshness that will blow you away!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Pure Flavor® Uno Bites™ Nano Cucumbers
- Apple Jelly
- Pineapple Juice
- Pomegranate Arils
Ingredient Amounts Listed in the Recipe Card Below
Tools You’ll Need
- Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Mixing Bowl
Why You’ll like this Recipe
- It’s a burst of freshness and flavor!
- It’s loaded with healthy, nutrient-rich ingredients!
- It’s a colorful accent to many dishes!
- It’s versatile from a dip for chips, to a topping for appetizers or grilled meats!
How to Make Cucumber Caviar
- Finely dice the cucumbers and fruit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple jelly and pineapple juice. Add the diced cucumbers and fruits. Fold the ingredients together until well combined.
Tips and Substitutions
- Other fruits that are tasty in Cucumber Caviar are watermelon, strawberry, peach, pineapple, and mango.
- Cucumber Caviar is delicious in so many ways. Here are just a few ways:
- Served with Salted Tortilla Chips
- Served with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla or Pita Chips
- As a Salad Topper
- Over Overnight Oats
- As a Yogurt Parfait Topper
- Over Waffles or Pancakes
- In a Cocktail or Mocktail
- Served over Grilled Chicken or Fish
- Over Ice Cream
- A great Cucumber Caviar recipe for get-togethers:
- Cucumber Caviar Brie Bites: Trim the rind from an 8oz brie wheel. In a food processor, whip room temperature trimmed brie with 1-2 tablespoons honey and a pinch of salt for 3-5 minutes or until smooth. On toasted bread rounds, add a 1-inch slice of smoked deli ham or prosciutto, 1-2 teaspoons of whipped brie, and 1-2 teaspoons of the prepared cucumber caviar.
- A great Cucumber Caviar recipe for lunch or dinner:
- Cucumber Caviar Shrimp Tacos: Spread avocado crema on a toasted tortilla. Top with pan-seared or fried shrimp, shredded cabbage, Cucumber Caviar, and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- This recipe doesn’t freeze well as it can become mushy or lose its texture when thawed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Finely diced fruit that pairs well with cucumber in this recipe are watermelon, strawberry, peach, pineapple, and mango.
Yes! The Cucumber Caviar is gluten-free.
The apple jelly helps with the cohesion of the ingredients, but it can be omitted if desired.
Yes! Stored in an air-tight container, it lasts in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
More Recipes Like This
- ½ pint Pure Flavor® Uno Bites™ Nano Cucumbers finely diced
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup finely diced kiwi 3-4 whole
- ½ cup finely diced cantaloupe
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together apple jelly and pineapple juice.
- To the bowl, add cucumbers, pomegranate arils, kiwi and cantaloupe.
- Fold the ingredients together until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.