Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli
Introducing the Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli So much controversy on what cheese to use, so I went with 2 of the 3 inside the Stromboli (American and Provolone) and Cheez Whiz could be a dipping sauce or substitute inside. Along with sautéed green pepper and onion, I loved the ZIP the chopped jalapeño gave it! A few more add-ons I think would be tasty too would be sliced olives, banana peppers and/or sautéed mushrooms!
Servings: 10 servings
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 13.8 oz store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices American cheese
- ½-3/4 lb sliced or shaved beef
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeños sliced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cheese Whiz for dipping optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or 1 teaspoon of olive oil, set aside.
- In a small skillet, on medium heat, sauté onion and pepper in a teaspoon of olive oil until translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle, about 14”x18”. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg water wash. Arrange cheese slices on dough, nearly covering dough and slightly overlapping. Evenly top with meat. Distribute onion/pepper mixture, salt and pepper to taste and if using jalapeños sprinkle them evenly.
- On the long side of the dough, roll like a jelly roll. Place the rolled stromboli on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasoning, cut 8 slits, and brush with egg wash.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Slice and serve. Optional dipping…..Cheese Whiz.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17.5g | Fat: 12g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply