Laura Ashley’s Kentucky Fried Chicken
Some say the way to a man’s heart is through his belly, and my fried chicken would say that’s accurate! The first meal I ever cooked for my husband was fried chicken, and he said no one had ever made fried chicken like his grandma until me. It was love at first bite. I have to thank my mamaw and mom for teaching me how to make amazing fried chicken! Hope you love it too!
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 4 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 10 oz boxes Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour
- Oil for Frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, paprika and cayenne. Submerge the chicken into the buttermilk mixture, cover and refrigerate 4-12 hours.
- Add the seasoned flour to a large bowl or double-bagged brown paper bags. Drain the chicken from the buttermilk mixture and add to the flour. Discard the buttermilk. Shake/coat the chicken until covered well then press the flour into the chicken.
- To a large skillet, add oil to at least a 2-inch depth and heat to 325-350°F. Add the chicken to the hot oil one piece at a time. Cook on both sides until chicken registers with an internal temperature of 165°F. Chicken will likely be done in this order, wings, white meat cutlets, legs, then thighs. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Where do you get this special Kentucky Kernel flour? We live in Texas too.
All of our grocery stores, the big chains, carry it. I also just looked on their website, and there is a “Where can I buy” tab that you can type in your location. It really is SO yummy! I hope you love it!