Southern Fried Pork Chops And Gravy
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 lb boneless pork chops tenderized if desired
- 1-2 cups buttermilk
- 10 oz box Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour
- 2 ¼ cups canola oil divided
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Submerge pork chops in buttermilk and soak for an hour.
- Set aside a ¼ cup of the seasoned flour and pour the remaining flour in a large bowl. Transfer the pork chops from the buttermilk to the seasoned flour and coat well. Place the coated pork chops on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set flour.
- Heat 2 cups of the oil over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides with an internal temperature of 145°F. Cook time will depend on the thickness of your chops. Rest on a cooling rack while making the gravy.
- Meanwhile for the gravy, in a small pan, heat the remaining oil on medium heat. Once hot, whisk in the reserved seasoned flour and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of the milk to the mixture and whisk quickly. This initial mixture will thicken and cook quickly. Once well combined, add an additional cup of milk and stir until well combined. Allow mixture to come to a light simmer then turn heat to medium-low. As mixture thickens, add remaining ½ cup milk. Simmer 3-5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply