Table of Contents
Roasted Tomato Basil Ricotta Toast
- 1 lb sweet cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4 minced garlic cloves divided
- Salt/Black Pepper
- 8 oz ricotta
- 1 bunch fresh basil divided
- 1 crusty bread loaf
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small baking dish, combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have slightly burst. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ricotta, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ cup fresh basil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice bread in 12 ½-inch slices. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 minced garlic clove. To each bread slice, brush both sides with garlic olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400ºF 10-12 minutes or until toasted well.
- When ready to serve, spread each cooled bread slice with 1-2 tablespoons of the the ricotta mixture, top with tomatoes (2-3 per toast), sprinkle with fresh basil, and drizzle balsamic glaze on top.