This has long been a favorite in my family! It’s a great meal that you can mix together the night before and bake the next day or pull from the freezer the day before. Also, it’s a great meal to give to someone as a gift for a celebration or bereavement gesture. Hope you enjoy!
Servings: 9 Servings
- 12 oz shredded chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese divided
- ½ cup salsa
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6-8 flour or corn tortillas
- Optional Toppings: pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream, 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese, salsa, chopped green chiles, cilantro, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix until well blended.
- To a 9x9 square baking pan, add a single layer tortillas (overlapping as needed), spread evenly ½ of the filling mixture, add a second layer of tortillas, spread the remaining filling mixture, and lastly sprinkle on the reserved shredded cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow the lasagna to rest 10 minutes prior to serving, otherwise it can fall apart. Garnish slices with your favorite toppings
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply