Jalapeño Cheddar Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 12 oz beer
- 8 oz cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño half sliced and half diced
- ¼ cup melted butter divided
- Whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt and sugar. Fold in the cheese cubes and diced jalapeño. Add 3 tablespoons of the melted butter and beer. Mix just until ingredients are incorporated, don't over-mix.
- Pour dough into a greased loaf pan and spread evenly. Disperse the jalapeno slices on top, then pour on the remaining melted butter.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Slice and serve with butter or seasoned olive oil for dipping.