Table of Contents
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, instant coffee, and boiling water until blended well. Add dark or regular cocoa, vanilla, and brown sugar and whisk again. Add 2 large eggs, blend, then mix in oil.
- For the dry ingredients, add all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Lastly fold in another ½ cup chocolate chips of your choice.
- Pour into a buttered loaf pan lined with parchment paper, and bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then place on a cutting board. Slice and serve.