Table of Contents
Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- ½ cup butter frozen 10 minutes
- 2 ¼-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF.
- Grate frozen butter and toss with flour in a medium bowl, chill 10 minutes. Mix in the crumbled bacon and cheese, then make a well in the center of the mixture. Add buttermilk and stir/fold 15 times, dough will be slightly loose. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Press dough into a ball.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough into a ¾” thick rectangle (about 9” x 5”). Fold dough in half or a trifold. Repeat the rolling and folding process 4 more times. Roll dough to ½” thickness. Cut with a 2 ½” floured round cutter, reshaping scraps and flouring as needed. Place dough rounds on a parchment paper-lined pan or cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted butter.