This no-bake festive pie is insanely delicious and super quick to whip up!
Hot chocolate is one those drinks that takes you straight to childhood! I’ll never forget the first time we visited Serendipity 3 in NYC and tried their famous frozen hot chocolate. It truly was love at first sip! It’s a custom blend of 14 gourmet cocoas mixed in a blender with milk and ice.
Fast forward 15 years later, we opened a restaurant and frozen hot chocolates had to be on our menu. Ghirardelli sells a blend that we used and it quickly became our #1 seller!
I’ve used pudding mixes for many no-bake pie recipes. Using frozen hot cocoa mix popped in my head one night as I was making some frozen hot chocolates for the family. Add some festive garnishes and wham bam…a new yummy pie was born! Again, it was love at first bite!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Chocolate Cookie Pie Crusts
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Chdeese
- Ghirardelli Frozen Hot Cocoa Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce
- Super-Mini Marshmallows
- Candy Cane Mint Hershey Kisses
Tool’s You’ll Need
How to Make This Recipe
- You’ll need to be sure you make this dessert is made and refrigerated at least 2 hours before serving.
- You’ll need a couple bowls out and your hand mixer ready to make the homemade whipped cream and hot chocolate pie filling. First, whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar until it’s thick with stiff peaks. Set aside. In the other bowl, whip the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add the frozen hot chocolate powder and whip again until smooth. Fold in all but 1 cup of the whipped cream into the filling until it’s a cohesive mix. Lastly, fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Divide the filling between the 2 chocolate crusts. Using a back of a spoon or spatula, spread the filling evenly. Pipe the remaining whip along the outside edge of the pie.
- For that festive touch, garnish with chocolate sauce, super-mini mushrooms and crushed up candy cane mint Hershey Kisses.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- Cool Whip can substitute the homemade whipped cream step.
- If you’re unable to purchase Ghirardelli Frozen Hot Cocoa mix, here are some other brand alternatives that would work great:
- If you don’t have a piping bag and tip, fill a ziploc bag, snip the corner and pipe along the edges.
Frozen Hot Chocolate Pie
- 2 ready-made chocolate cookie pie crusts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup Ghirardelli Frozen Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup Ghirardelli chocolate sauce
- ½ cup super-mini marshmallows for garnish
- ½ cup chopped Candy Cane Mint Hershey Kisses for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whip together heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth. Add the hot cocoa mix, and whip until combined. Fold in all but 1 cup of the whipped cream. Fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Divide the filling between the 2 pie crusts and spread evenly. Pipe the remaining whip cream along the edges of the pies with a piping bag and star tip or with a ziploc bag. Garnish with chocolate sauce drizzle, super-mini marshmallows and chopped candy. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.