After one of these brownies, you’ll be singing Santa Brownies instead of Santa Baby!
These scrumptious brownies are always a holiday hit! The combination of rich decadent chocolate, smooth cream cheese frosting and sweet berries will have you coming back for more! These are an excellent finger-food style dessert and a Christmas party stunner!
What You’ll Need
- Brownie Mix
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Strawberries
- Christmas Sprinkles
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make This Recipe
- First, you’ll want to prepare the brownies per package directions. Don’t overmix the brownie mixture as it can make them dry. Once the dry ingredients are moistened, evenly divide the batter in a buttered or sprayed brownie pan. Bake just until the brownies are set.
- Fresh whipped cream is “chefs kiss” delicious, but you can substitute this step with a ready-made freezer whipped cream if you’d like. With a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form. This typically takes 45 seconds to 1 minutes. Make sure the whipping cream is nice and cold!
- In another bowl, make the cream cheese frosting. This has a touch of rich, vanilla sweetness that pairs perfectly with the brownies! With a hand mixer, whip the softened or room-temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in all but ¾ cup of the whipped cream.
- Once the brownies have been removed from the pan and cooled, spread your desired amount of cream cheese frosting on top. I usually have a little leftover that I just use for snack berry dipping! It’s next level berries and cream!
- Once they’re all covered, top each brownie with a halved strawberry. Fill a piping bag or ziploc bag with the remaining whipped cream and create accents on Santa’s hat. If you’d like, add some holly jolly sprinkles!
More Recipes Like This
These festive brownies will be Santa’s and your next favorite treat! Adored with his strawberry festive hat, and full of rich chocolate decadence, homemade whipped cream and a delightful cream cheese frosting, it’ll make you feel holly jolly instantly!
Servings: 12 Servings
- 19 oz Ghirardelli Fudge Brownie mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 strawberries leaves trimmed off and halved
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a muffin or brownie pan with non-stick spray or butter. In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and egg just until combined. Fill the prepared pan evenly and bake 20-25 minutes or just until cooked through.
- For the whipped cream, in a large bowl, whip whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In another medium bowl, whip cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar with a hand mixer on high speed until smooth. Fold in all but ¾ cup of the whipped cream.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread desired amount of cream cheese frosting on each and flatten the top. To each brownie, add 1 strawberry half, flat side down. Fill a piping bag with a star tip (or a ziploc bag) with the remaining whipped cream. Accentuate the strawberry like Santa’s hat, 1 dollop at the top and 4-5 dollops along the bottom flat of the strawberry. Add sprinkles if desired.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply