After one of these brownies, you’ll be singing Santa Brownies instead of Santa Baby!
These scrumptious brownies are always a holiday hit! The combination of rich decadent chocolate, smooth cream cheese frosting and sweet berries will have you coming back for more! These are an excellent finger-food style dessert and a Christmas party stunner!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Brownie Mix
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Strawberries
- Christmas Sprinkles
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make This Recipe
- First, you’ll want to prepare the brownies per package directions. Don’t overmix the brownie mixture as it can make them dry. Once the dry ingredients are moistened, evenly divide the batter in a buttered or sprayed brownie pan. Bake just until the brownies are set.
- Fresh whipped cream is “chefs kiss” delicious, but you can substitute this step with a ready-made freezer whipped cream if you’d like. With a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form. This typically takes 45 seconds to 1 minutes. Make sure the whipping cream is nice and cold!
- In another bowl, make the cream cheese frosting. This has a touch of rich, vanilla sweetness that pairs perfectly with the brownies! With a hand mixer, whip the softened or room-temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in all but ¾ cup of the whipped cream.
- Once the brownies have been removed from the pan and cooled, spread your desired amount of cream cheese frosting on top. I usually have a little leftover that I just use for snack berry dipping! It’s next level berries and cream!
- Once they’re all covered, top each brownie with a halved strawberry. Fill a piping bag or ziploc bag with the remaining whipped cream and create accents on Santa’s hat. If you’d like, add some holly jolly sprinkles!
More Recipes Like This
- 19 oz Ghirardelli Fudge Brownie mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 strawberries leaves trimmed off and halved
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a muffin or brownie pan with non-stick spray or butter. In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water and egg just until combined. Fill the prepared pan evenly and bake 20-25 minutes or just until cooked through.
- For the whipped cream, in a large bowl, whip whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with a hand mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In another medium bowl, whip cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar with a hand mixer on high speed until smooth. Fold in all but ¾ cup of the whipped cream.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread desired amount of cream cheese frosting on each and flatten the top. To each brownie, add 1 strawberry half, flat side down. Fill a piping bag with a star tip (or a ziploc bag) with the remaining whipped cream. Accentuate the strawberry like Santa’s hat, 1 dollop at the top and 4-5 dollops along the bottom flat of the strawberry. Add sprinkles if desired.