Barbecue Chicken Pasta Salad
If you want to blow away a crowd this holiday weekend, make this BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad! Many moons ago, I made this at Pampered Chef parties, and it was always a hit! I couldn’t find a single record of it other than the one I wrote down in our family cookbook. You can toss all the ingredients together beforehand or at the party. It’s a great make-ahead option for entertaining. The noodles soaked up with the dressing are fantastic! I used Hidden Valley Light Ranch Dressing and Terry Black’s BBQ Sauce. Also, I used Trotelle noodles, but any curly noodle will work…rigatoni, cavatappi, cellentani, etc. If you’re in a hurry or last minute, you could use ready-made bacon. ⠀
Servings: 12 servings
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb curly pasta cooked al dente and drowned
- 8 oz ranch dressing
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 grilled chicken breasts sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cover a large sheet pan with aluminum foil, lay bacon slices in one layer, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- For the dressing, whisk together ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, onion, green pepper, cheese, sliced chicken, crumbled bacon, and dressing. Mix until combined well, cover, and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, pour in a serving bowl and top with additional parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply