Table of Contents
Bacon & Cheese Quiche
- 2 9-inch frozen pie shells
- 8 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz fresh spinach stems removed and chopped
- ½-1 tablespoon red onion finely diced
- ½ cup chopped bacon or mushrooms for a veggie quiche option
- 1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until blended well. Add half of the whipping cream, whisk, then add the remaining whipping cream, salt and pepper and whisk again until blended well; set aside.
- To the pie crusts, evenly divide between the 2 the spinach, red onion, bacon and Swiss cheese. Evenly pour the egg mixture on both pies.
- Carefully place the quiches in the preheated oven on the same rack in the middle and bake for 40 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- Allow the quiche to cool 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, you can freeze the quiche(s) and when ready to bake, sit in the refrigerator the night before to thaw.