Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
Growing up, my mom made these delicious muffins for my family all the time. She said the original recipe she found on the inside of a Quaker container. They are light, fluffy and keep well for a breakfast option all week!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 ½ cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together applesauce, milk, oil and the egg white.
- Once combined, transfer the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients. Mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- For the topping, mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place a 12 cup muffin pan in the preheated oven for a couple minutes, then remove and butter or spray with non-stick spray. Fill the pan evenly with the batter, then top evenly with the topping.
- Bake 20-22 minute or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply