Table of Contents
Short Rib Ragu
- 2 ½-3 ½ lb beef short ribs
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 30 oz marinara sauce
- Pappardelle or Veggie Noodles
- Garnish: parmesan cheese and fresh basil
- Season the beef ribs on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet on high heat and add a tablespoon of oil. Once the pan is hot and oil starts to smoke, sear the beef ribs on all sides 1-2 minutes each. Transfer the ribs to a Crockpot.
- In the same skillet on medium-high heat, add remaining oil and celery, carrots and onion. Scrape up any solid bits from the bottom of the pan and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir, cooking 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the vegetable mixture into the Crockpot on top of the short ribs.
- Pour marinara sauce on top. Mix to coat the short ribs. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low.
- Before serving, remove short ribs and shred meat, discarding bones and any excess fat. Place shredded meat back into the Crockpot and mix to combine. Serve over prepared noodles.