Table of Contents
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 24 oz roasted garlic marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz fusili pasta
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz ⅓-less fat cream cheese cubed
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil or ½ tablespoon dried basil
- Garnish Options: fresh parmesan and snipped fresh basil
- To a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook and crumble Italian sausage and yellow onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion is translucent. Season with Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and cook an additional minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, fire roasted diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Stir and bring to a medium simmer.
- Fold in the pasta, and cook until al dente. Fold in the cheese, and once it’s melted, fold in fresh basil and serve! Garnish as desired.