My mom makes this every holiday season, and it’s the essence of everything holly jolly!
Holiday punch has been around for thousands of years and there are probably thousands of punch recipes. They might be fruity, sour, dolloped with sherbet or ice cream, spiked, topped with pop or filled with fresh produce…there are so many yummy variations. This Christmas Punch recipe mom always has stocked in the freezer and ready to pull out one container at a time. It’s slushy, sweet and always exciting to cheers with to begin the holiday festivities.
What You’ll Need
- Strawberry Jello Mixes
- Frozen Lemonade
- Hawaiian Punch
- Pineapple Juice
- Ginger Ale
Tools You’ll Need
- Potato Masher or Chopper
- Punch Cups
- Punch Bowl
How to Make this Recipe
- This is one of those recipes you need to plan in advance. It needs time to freeze so that it slushes properly when it’s time to celebrate.
- The mixture is simple to make. The boiling water dissolves the sugar in the Jello mixture and the flavors will bloom together.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined then place in the freezer. The entire batch can be frozen in one large container, but it’s best to separate in smaller containers if you plan on having it on more than one occasion or if you want to pull out a few containers at a time.
- When it’s party time, place your desired amount of punch in a punch bowl and break apart with a sharp kitchen item like a butter knife or masher. Pour ginger ale on top, then ladle and serve. Cheers!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If desired, you can substitute with sugar-free alternatives.
- If desired, you can add desired spirits. Commonly used spirits in this blend are rum and vodka.
More Recipes Like This
- 2 cups boiling water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 3 oz packages strawberry jello
- 12 oz frozen lemonade thawed
- 1 gallon orange Hawaiian punch
- 2 46 oz cans pineapple juice
- 2 liter ginger ale
- In a large container, whisk together water, sugar and jello until well combined. Whisk in lemonade, pineapple juice and orange punch. Pour into containers and freeze until ready to serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply