Holiday Dinner Party Salad
- 2 pears
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 oz spring mix lettuce
- 1 orange peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 small cucumbers thinly sliced and curled
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 oz white cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 4 oz candied pecans
- 5 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the pears in 8 slices each and remove the core. Melt butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pear slices in 1 layer. Cook 5 minutes, flip, sprinkle on brown sugar, cook 5 minutes, flip, add ¼ cup water, and cook 5 more minutes. Turn the heat off and allow the pears to cool.
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- On a large platter, place a small bowl in the center for the dressing. Build the salad around the bowl in this order: lettuce, pears, orange wedges, cucumber ribbon curls, pomegranate arils, cheese, and pecans.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply