Table of Contents
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1.25 oz packet taco seasoning
- 28 oz enchilada sauce
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 12 oz shredded Mexican Cheese blend
- Optional add-in: olives and chopped jarred jalapeños
- Topping: pico de Gallo, guacamole, sour cream or salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add onions and ground beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink and onions translucent. Blot or drain some of the grease if needed. Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water and stir together. Allow the mixture to simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- To a non-stick sprayed 13”x9” pan or casserole dish, layer in this order: ⅓ enchilada sauce, ⅓ tortillas ⅓ of the beef, ⅓ cheese. Repeat in the same order twice.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.