Table of Contents
Sweet Cornbread And Molasses Honey Butter
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp butter divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs whisked
Molasses Honey Butter
- ½ cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Melt ½ cup of the butter in a small bowl and allow to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add sour cream, cooled butter and eggs. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Heat a 9-inch cast iron skillet on the stovetop until hot. Add the remaining butter and swirl around the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the Molasses Honey Butter, mix all three ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Serve with warm cornbread.