School Fiestada Pizza
This tasty lunch treat was one of the highest requested school lunch recipe requests. While our school bought them already made, I found the brand they bought, dissected the list of ingredients and created a homemade version that is spot-on!!
Servings: 6 servings
- 13.8 oz prepared or homemade pizza dough
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ½ teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Presss pizza dough in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined jelly roll size pan. Pierce with a fork, bake 3 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- To a skillet on medium-high heat, crumble and cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain of excess grease.
- To the beef in the skillet, stir in taco seasoning. In a small bowl, mix together pizza sauce, cumin, and salt.
- Spread the sauce over the crust. Sprinkle evenly half of the cheese on top, followed by the beef, then the remaining cheese.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown and dough cooked through.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Did you make your own taco seasoning? If not, what brand did you use? This was my favorite school lunch and I cannot wait to try your recipe. Thank you.
I didn't make my own, but used a traditional taco seasoning Old El Paso from the store. I swear, it tastes JUST LIKE it did in school! I hope you LOVE it too!!