Table of Contents
Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- 1-1 ½ lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 10 oz box Kentucky Colonel Seasoned Flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 4 buns
- 1-2 cup oil for frying
- Dressing options: lettuce, tomato, mayo
- Pound the pork tenderloin to ½” thickness and snip the fat cap 2-3 times. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Create a dredging station: bowl 1 Kentucky colonel seasoning; bowl 2 whisked together egg and buttermilk; bowl 3 crushed saltines. Heat oil in a large skillet on high heat to 350°F. Dip each pork tenderloin in the seasoning, shaking off any excess, then the egg wash, then the saltines. Lastly, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon of the Kentucky colonel seasoning on both sides.
- Fry the tenderloin 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and has an internal temp of 145°F. Remove to a wired rack and rest for 3 minutes.
- Assemble your sandwich with a toasted bun and your favorite toppings