Korean Sloppy Joes
Who doesn’t have fond memories of Sloppy Joes! As a kid, going into Bob’s Supermarket in Ravenna, KY knowing mom was making them was always exciting! These Korean Sloppy Joes add a delicious kick to the classic! You could make them with ground chicken or turkey as well!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- Garnishes: sliced green onions and sesame seeds optional
- 4 brioche rolls or buns
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, hoisin, water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha, set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, break apart ground beef and cook until no longer pink, drain excess grease, and return to pan. Add minced garlic to beef and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in sauce and allow to simmer 5 minutes so sauce can thicken.
- Butter and toast buns on both sides. Top buns with meat, then add green onion and sesame seeds if desired.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 652kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 37g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply