Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb Italian sausage 2 to 3-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion cut into strips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Parmesan cheese shredded
- Optional add-ins: garlic and crushed red pepper
- Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti per package directions then drain.
- To a large cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat, sear sausage on both sides until browned and cooked through. Transfer the sausage to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To the skillet, add bell pepper and onion and season with salt and black pepper. Sauté, stirring often, until the veggies are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the cooked veggies to a plate and turn the heat to low.
- Once the pan has cooled, add the pasta sauce. Once the sauce has warmed, fold the pasta and cooked sausage into the sauce. Add the onions and peppers around the edge of the pan, and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply