Holiday Cranberry Orange Monkey Bread
Growing up, one of my favorite breakfast treats on holidays and special occasions was and still is Monkey Bread. That sweet, cinnamon sugar, biscuit gooey goodness is unbelievably delicious. With the magic of Christmas in my house this weekend, I decided to make it with the flavors of the holidays…and it was a breakfast Santa would ask for again and again! ⠀
Servings: 8 servings
- 16.3 oz can Grands Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits cut into 6 pieces each
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon juiced and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon zested, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Microwave ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice for 15 seconds. Mix the cranberries with the juice and set aside.
- To a gallon Ziploc bag, add sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon of the orange zest, and cinnamon. Close the bag, mix the until blended well, add the biscuit pieces, mix, add cranberries, and mix one last time. Pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla just until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the biscuit pieces, making sure each piece is covered well.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the top of the biscuits are golden brown and dough is cooked through. Allow to cool 10 minutes then invert on a serving plate.
- Optional Glaze: whisk together 1 tablespoon melted butter, ¼ cup powdered sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon orange zest, and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Drizzle on top of the loaf. ⠀
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply