Dolly Parton’s Finger-Lickin’ Stampede Chicken
Dolly Parton’s Stampede (previously known as Dixie Stampede) is “the most fun place to eat” in Pigeon Forge, TN. I’ve been to this dinner/show attraction no less than 25 times in my life…and I’d go 25 more! They’ve had the same menu all these years, and the chicken has always been my favorite part. In true Stampede fashion, you gotta eat it with your fingers!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 Cornish game hens
- Brine Solution 1 gallon water + ⅓-1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon garlic butter
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 garlic cloves halved
- 2 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon poultry rub
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Whisk together brine solution and submerge the chickens. Brine in the refrigerator a minimum of 8 hours.
- Remove the chickens from the brine and dry well with a paper towel. Place both chickens on a wire rack on top of a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Gently lift the skin from the chicken breasts and legs. Evenly distribute the garlic butter between the skin and meat. Add the lemon, garlic and fresh herbs inside the carcass. Drizzle oil and season with your favorite poultry rub on the outside skin of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake an additional 35-40, or until the breast registers with an internal temp of 165°F. In Dixie Stampede fashion, eat it with your fingers while it’s hot!
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 225kcal | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Thank you SO much, Linda!! One of our favorites too!