Cream And Coconut Cream Pies
Dinner in 3, 2, 1 Followers…you’re in for a real treat! My Mom made the long journey from Kentucky to Texas (17 hour drive to be precise) and is sharing her famous Cream and Coconut Cream Pie recipes! She’s made these pies in various flavors my whole life and gets requests to make them all the time. Even if you may not give it a try, it’s truly an art just to watch her make them. They’re beautiful, delicious and taste just like home. I love my Mom!
Servings: 16 Servings
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 frozen 9-inch pie shells baked per package directions
- 6 egg whites
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 heaping spoonfuls marshmallow cream
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar and flour. Add egg yolks and evaporated milk and mix well. Add milk and mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. As the sugar dissolves, add butter and continue stirring. Cook until mixture thickens and the mixture bubbles/burps.
- Pour half of the mixture into one cooled/baked pie shell. Fold ¼ cup coconut into the remaining mixture, and fill the other shell.
- Spread meringue on top, and sprinkle coconut on meringue of the coconut pie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Help with the meringue recipe…that’s where I have trouble
From the recipe, what are you having trouble with?