No better way to be Game Day ready than this incredible barbecue pork dip! Layered with pulled pork, Palmetto Cheese, spices, and cheeses, it’ll be TOUCHDOWN for sure!
Cheesy dips are essential for a game day spread! Anytime I bring this to a party, there isn’t one bite left. The layers of ooey-gooey cheese, tender pulled pork, and sweet and savory flavors keep you coming back for more!
Palmetto Pimento Cheese is the star of this dish! Made with Wisconsin cheddar cheese and the highest quality ingredients, Palmetto has the most incredible texture and flavor. It’s excellent for snacking on crackers and veggies but also great to incorporate in many recipes.
It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare this quick cheesy barbecue pork dip. You can also assemble it ahead of time and just pop it in the oven leading up to your party. It’s excellent served with savory chips and raw veggies! No doubt, your dish will be empty by the end of the big game!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Regular or Light Cream Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pulled Pork
- Palmetto Pimento Cheese
- Barbecue Sauce
- Green Onions
- Dippers: Tortilla Chips & Fresh Vegetables
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make Cheesy Barbecue Pork Dip
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together with a spatula or hand mixer the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and ½ cup of cheddar cheese. Spread in an even layer in your baking dish.
- Top evenly with the pulled pork, then spread Palmetto Pimento Cheese in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is toasted and bubbling at the edges.
- Garnish with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and green onions. Serve the barbecue pork dip with tortilla chips and fresh veggies for dipping.
Tips and Substitutions
- Not all store-bought pimento cheeses are created equal. Palmetto has a creaminess that lends better spreadable dips and it also has a boost of delicious flavor. On their website pimentocheese.com, you can search for the closest store that carries it in your area.
- Store-bought pulled pork or homemade both work excellently in this dish! Below under “More Recipes Like This,” you’ll see pulled pork recipes you can make ahead of time and yield plenty of meat for this dip and multiple meals.
- To soften your cream cheese, you can place it on a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5-10 seconds. If using the ⅓-less fat version, having it out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes should soften it well enough for melting.
- The shredded cheddar cheese can be substituted with Colby Jack, pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese.
- If by some chance there’s some leftover barbecue pork dip, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. The dip can be reheated in the microwave for a snack or spread in a tortilla for a quick quesadilla.
- This dip can be assembled and refrigerated for up to 3 days before baking. You'll have to either allow the dip to sit at room temperature 30 minutes before baking or increase the baking time by at least 10 minutes.
More Recipes Like This
- Amazing Pulled Pork
- Asian Pulled Pork Sliders with Crispy Cucumber Slaw
- Spicy Sausage Balls
- Sweet and Cheesy Cornbread
Cheesy Barbecue Pork Dip
- 8 oz regular or ⅓-less fat cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 16 oz seasoned and cooked pulled pork store-bought or homemade
- 11 oz Palmento Pimento Cheese
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion tops
- Dippers: tortilla chips and fresh vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a hand mixer or spatula, mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and ½ cup of the cheddar cheese. Once combined, spread in an even layer in a 2 quart baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Top evenly with pulled pork. Spread Palmetto Cheese in an even layer on top. Lastly, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is toasted and bubbling at the edges.
- Garnish with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips and fresh veggies for dipping.