Candy Cane Taco
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2-3 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz crescent roll dough
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Garnish options: shredded lettuce and pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cheese and simmer 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls, separating each triangle. Slice each triangle longways into 2 separate triangles. Arrange the triangles in a candy cane shape form, with the short ends slightly overlapping and pointed ends all facing outwards. Flatten the wide ends slightly to create a base for the filling. Scoop the taco filling evenly over the flattened dough. Fold the triangle tips over the filling and tuck under the base to secure.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Serve directly on the baking sheet or transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with lines of lettuce and pico de gallo.