Weeknight Chicken Scampi
When I was young, a trip to Lexington and meal at Olive Garden was one of my favorite things to do. Their chicken scampi was my go-to favorite! This at home version is quick and super delicious! To save on time and clean-up on a weeknight, I like using par-ready chicken instead of frying from scratch.
Servings: 3 servings
- ½ lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1-1 ½ lb frozen breaded chicken cooked per package directions
- Garnish options: shredded parmesan and sliced fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti 2 minutes less than al dente directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to a medium skillet on medium-high. Once the pan is hot and butter melted, add the onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook an additional minute.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook an additional minute. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, cream, and parmesan, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Fold in the drained pasta and incorporate with the sauce. Add the reserved pasta water, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into large pieces and fold into the pasta. Plate, and garnish as desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 24g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply