Sun-Dried Tomato Caper Pasta
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil (from sun dried tomato jar)
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Garnish: additional parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water per package directions, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, and drain.
- In a medium skillet on medium high heat, add oil. Once hot, add capers and cook 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium, and gently pour in heavy cream and ¼ cup of the pasta water. When bubbles appear at the edge of the pan, stir in parmesan cheese. Fold the drained pasta into the sauce and add additional pasta water if needed.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve garnished with additional parmesan cheese.