Table of Contents
Smooth And Creamy White Mac & Cheese
- ½ lb pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt/White Pepper to taste
- 12 oz white cheeses (white cheddar, gruyere, asiago, Monterey Jack) divided
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a square baking dish or individual serving dishes.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water per package directions and drain.
- In a medium skillet on low heat, melt the butter, sprinkle in the flour, and stir constantly 1 minute. Stir in half & half and whisk until smooth. Add garlic powder, white pepper, and salt. When bubbles appear at the edge of the pan, add all but 1 cup of the cheese blend. Stir the mixture until smooth, then fold in the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared dish(es), top with the remaining cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.