Smooth And Creamy White Mac & Cheese
This decadent Mac & Cheese isn’t for the faint of heart! It is absolutely dreamy! The blend of these white cheeses sets it apart from all the rest! You can choose the balance of how much of each cheese you want in your version as well.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ lb pasta
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt/White Pepper to taste
- 12 oz white cheeses (white cheddar, gruyere, asiago, Monterey Jack) divided
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a square baking dish or individual serving dishes.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water per package directions and drain.
- In a medium skillet on low heat, melt the butter, sprinkle in the flour, and stir constantly 1 minute. Stir in half & half and whisk until smooth. Add garlic powder, white pepper, and salt. When bubbles appear at the edge of the pan, add all but 1 cup of the cheese blend. Stir the mixture until smooth, then fold in the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared dish(es), top with the remaining cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply