Table of Contents
Marry Me Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 4-5 golden potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a 6 qt pan on medium heat, cover potatoes with water.
- Season trimmed chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear chicken 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- On medium heat, add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in thyme, crushed red pepper, chicken broth, and ½ cup heavy cream or half & half. Bring to a low simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes. Fold in parmesan and tomatoes. Return the chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, when potatoes are fork tender, drain and mash with remaining ½ cup heavy cream or half & half, butter and salt to taste.
- Plate potatoes then top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with parmesan and basil.