Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 12 oz tomato sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds optional
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 20 oz package cheese-filled tortellini
- 6 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoon fresh parsley optional
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble beef until cooked through. Add onion and garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes. Combine beef broth, crushed tomatoes, petite diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce in slow cooker. Add sugar and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 5-7 hours.
- Pour tortellini into the soup 20 minutes prior to serving with heat set to high.
- Serve in bowls with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley. *Note: Garlic bread or a grilled cheese made with a blend of mozzarella, provolone and/or Parmesan cheese is a yummy compliment to this soup. You can also cook this on the stovetop. Simmer on low for 1 ½ hours. Turn heat to medium and cook tortellini 12-16 minutes or until tender.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply