These strawberries are elegant, decadent, and SUPER easy to make! With only 3 ingredients, these cream cheese dipped berries are perfect for your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day, a shower, a party, or just for a sweet treat!
A mom (and friend) to one of my best friends growing up made these for nearly all of our church’s functions or parties she attended. I call these “Be My Darlin’ Berries” for 2 reasons: #1 Darlene is her name that made them for me and #2 Darlin’ is close to her name and feels sweet for Valentine’s Day, which these cream cheese dipped berries are excellent to celebrate with!
I would always put an embarrassing amount of these berries on my plate as I passed through the line of yummy foods. They are seriously one of the most delicious treats that taste way more complex than they really are to make!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chopped Pecans
Tools You’ll Need
How to Make Be My Darlin' Berries
- Dessert doesn’t get much easier than cream cheese dipped berries! It is quick and simple! First, transfer the frosting to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 5-second intervals, stirring between each, until it’s a consistency a little thicker than honey. If it’s too thin, the coating on the strawberries will be too thin. It should only take 10-15 seconds total to get that perfect consistency.
- Make sure the berries are washed and completely dry before dipping. This is important so that the frosting sticks and firms up. Also, pour the chopped pecans on a flat plate for easier coating.
- Working with one berry at a time, carefully hold the steam, submerge into the frosting to about a ¼ inch from the stem, lift and twirl off any excess frosting, and roll in the chopped pecans. Place each cream cheese dipped berry on a serving tray.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! These can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Just place them in the fridge in a covered dish. I’ve actually eaten them 2-3 days after making them. The pecans will soften a bit, but they’re still SUPER delicious!
The frosting will firm up as it cools.
You can coat these cream cheese dipped berries in other crumbles as well:
Crushed Chocolate Cookies
Crushed Walnuts or Almonds
If rolling in cookies or pretzels, these must be served on the day of making them as they will become too soft after 24 hours.
Recipes Like This
Be My Darlin’ Berries
- 4-6 oz cream cheese frosting
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1-1 ½ cups finely chopped pecans
- Clean, rinse and dry the strawberries. Pour the chopped pecans on plate or cutting board in a thin, even layer.
- Transfer the frosting to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 5 second intervals, stirring between each, until it’s a consistency a little thicker than honey. It should only take 10-15 seconds total to get that perfect consistency.
- Working with one strawberry at a time, carefully hold the steam, submerge into the frosting to about a ¼ inch from the stem, lift and twirl off any excess frosting and roll in the chopped pecans.