Applesauce Jam Cake
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
- In another large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the wet ingredients, butter, sugar and eggs. Once fluffy, add applesauce, strawberry preserves and pineapple, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and pecans. Transfer a spoon of the flour mixture over the raisins and pecans and toss until they’re coated well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix on low speed until blended well. Once combined, add the raisins and pecans and mix again.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined tube pan. Bake at 325°F 1 hour 20 minutes to an hour and a half or until cooked through and browned on top.
- Remove from the oven, invert the cake onto a plate, remove the lining, then invert onto a serving dish.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking soda
I think one of those is probably supposed to be baking powder, right?
Thank you for pointing this out. I've deleted the 2tsp baking soda line. 🙂