Sweet Pork Sliders
We’re Celebrating “Slider Sunday” with King’s Hawaiian with these amazing Crockpot Sweet Pork sliders.
- 4-5 lb Boston butt roast, bone-in
- Salt/Black Pepper
- 1 ½ cups water
- 12 oz root beer
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½-1 jalapeño
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions sliced
- 10 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 20 oz 2 packages King’s Hawaiian Original King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns
- 8 oz package Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese slices
- Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper. Sear in a skillet on high heat, 2 minutes per side.
- To a Crockpot, add water and the pork. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or until pork can easily pull apart with a fork.
- Once done, transfer to a cutting board, and shred with 2 forks. Discard the bone and any excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together root beer, enchilada sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, cumin, molasses, and ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Pour the sauce and pork into the Crockpot, and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
- To assemble sandwiches, place the bottom halves of the buns on a baking pan. Top each bottom half with 2oz meat and a quarter slice of cheese. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and toasted. Remove from the oven, top with coleslaw and the top bun and serve.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply