Sangria Salmon Caprese Pasta
Flavorful and juicy Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes are the star of this decadent dinner! Blended with garlic, fresh basil and cheeses, they create a luxurious sauce. Along with tender, omega-3 rich salmon filets, these heart healthy tomatoes can help lower your levels of LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, as well as your blood pressure!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6.5 oz regular or reduced-fat garlic and herbs soft spreadable cheese
- 1 pint Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Salt/Black Pepper
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 10 oz rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 ½-2 lb center-cut salmon filets cut into 4-6 filets
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- Garnish: grated parmesan cheese and additional Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 13”x9” pan or baking dish, lay the spreadable cheese in the center of the pan and pour the tomatoes and garlic evenly around it. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of the olive oil on the tomatoes, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss to coat well. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to burst.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Season salmon filets on both sides with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil and sear salmon filets 4 minutes skin-side, flip and cook the top 4 minutes, then cook skin-side again until salmon easily flakes or reaches an internal temp of 145°F (about 3-5 more minutes).
- When the cheese and tomatoes are finished baking, remove from the oven, carefully mash the tomatoes with a fork or potato masher and stir/combine with the cheese until it’s a cohesive sauce. Stir in the basil, mozzarella and drained pasta.
- Plate the pasta, top with salmon and garnish with parmesan cheese and halved tomatoes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 768kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 35g
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply