Ronald’s Epic Salsa
My brother-in-law Ronald is an excellent cook and was willing to share his salsa recipe with the Dinner in 3, 2, 1 family! We hope you love it as much as we do!
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies Rotel: heat level as desired
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ small red onion chunked
- ¼ small sweet onion chunked
- 1-2 jalapeños seeded & chunked
- 1 poblano
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 limes 1 zested & both juiced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- To roast the poblano peppers over an open flame, turn a gas flame to high and place directly over the flame. Turn occasionally with tongs until all sides are blackened and blistered.
- To roast the peppers in the oven, preheat the oven to 400. Set the poblanos on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the skins are blackened and blistered, turning occasionally to evenly roast the poblanos.
- Allow the poblanos to cool, then carefully peel away and discard the charred skins, stem and seeds.
- To a blender, add all the ingredients in the order listed per recipe. Blend 2-4 seconds or to desired salsa consistency. Taste for balance of flavors.
- Serve with your favorite salsa dippers or top of your next taco salad, enchiladas or tacos.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply